Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Inspirational: Machine Gun Kelly Inspires kid to walk

THIS IS WHAT THE SH*T IS ALL ABOUT. WHY YOU USE THE VOICE YOU HAVE.

Rapper Machine Gun Kelly Inspires Teen to Walk




BRUNSWICK, Ohio— Rapper Machine Gun Kelly's message is to "Lace Up."

And that's exactly what Ryan Yex, 17, of Brunswick, does everyday.

Yex was born with with cerebral palsy and has never walked until this past Saturday night.

He says he has MGK to thank.

Yex met MGK at a Blink-182 concert in Cleveland over the summer.

"When you see MGK, you gotta yell, 'Lace up!'" He came over to me and I told him how much his music and his message inspires me," said Yex.

Yex promised MGK he'd walk at one of his concerts.

And after months of therapy, Yex got that opportunity Saturday at the Cla-Zel in Bowling Green, when MGK invited him to walk on stage.

"I had so much adrenaline going through my body. I was just ready to walk," said Yex.

And walk he did. Right into the waiting arms of Machine Gun Kelly.

"If you look in the video, there's a good three, four seconds with no one holding him. He took steps. That's just insane, man," said MGK.

Yex's mom says she is thankful for Kelly's affect on her son.

"Ryan is not a quitter. He's never been a quitter. But he is more determined now, he had therapy last night and took 66 steps and was exhausted," said Anita Hex.

It's a movement to lace up and never give up.

"We get a lot of negative attention sometimes. But I see the beauty behind the movement. I'm like, 'Wow, this is amazing,'" said MGK.

"He's a crazy inspiration. I know where he's coming from, what he's been through. I know that you can come from nothing, and follow your dreams," said Yex.

"He's looking up to me but I'm looking up to him. I feel this small beside him. In my opinion, he reignited the flame to everything I stand for," added MGK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment